National Crime Prevention Strategy
The SIP call for applications is now closed.
The deadline to submit an application was July 31st at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
The next SIP call for applications will open on December 1, 2019.
The National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS) is an integral part of the Government of Canada's continued efforts to tackle crime in order to build stronger, healthier communities.
The NCPS is the policy framework for the implementation of crime prevention interventions in Canada, by providing funding to strategically selected projects that contribute to preventing and reducing crime in Canada and to increasing knowledge about what works in crime prevention.
For more information
Register for the NCPS mailing list to receive updates on the NCPS, including notification on funding opportunities.
Visit the Crime Prevention Funding Programs page
Crime Prevention News Releases
Government of Canada funds research into far-right extremism in Quebec
August 21, 2019
Government of Canada helps synagogues in Montreal protect themselves from hate-motivated crimes
August 8, 2019
Government of Canada invests $2 million for Prince Edward Island to tackle drug-impaired driving
August 6, 2019
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Measuring Public Attitudes towards the Police – Technical Report
- Research Summary: Behaviours and Beliefs Related to Cannabis Before Legalization: A Public Safety Perspective
- Behaviours and Beliefs Related to Cannabis Before Legalization: A Public Safety Perspective
- The Canada Centre for Community Engagement and Prevention of Violence - What we heard
- 2017-2018 Evaluation of the National Crime Prevention Strategy
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: