Public SafetyCanada provides policy advice and support to the Minister of Public Safety Canada on issues related to corrections and criminal justice, including legislative and policy reforms in the areas of offender accountability, sex offenders, victims, Aboriginal offenders, and the international transfer of offenders. The Minister is responsible for the direction of the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) and is accountable to Parliament for the Parole Board of Canada (PBC).
The department also develops legislative and policy initiatives in consultation with other levels of government, departments and non-government organizations. We work with CSC, PBC, Justice Canada and Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada to find innovative ways to improve programs for offenders to facilitate their reintegration. We also work directly with Aboriginal communities to fund, test and evaluate innovative, restorative justice programs.
- Protection against high-risk offenders
- Restorative Justice
- Response of the Department of Public Safety to Recommendations 6, 8, 9, 10, 13 of the Annual Report of the Correctional Investigator 2014 - 2015
- Response of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness to the Annual Report of the Correctional Investigator 2015 – 2016
Corrections News Releases
Corrections Publications and Reports
- How to best predict sexual reoffending among sex offenders
- Child Pornography Offenders: A Review
- Helping Victims Prepare for the Release of a Federal Offender
- Assessment of the Impact of the Ontario Fentanyl Patch-for-Patch Return Program
- Research Summary - Offender Risk Assessment Practices Vary Across Canada
- More Corrections Publications and Reports
- Date modified: