Public Safety Canada is responsible for implementing the National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS). Our work provides national leadership on effective and cost-effective ways to prevent and reduce crime by intervening on the risk factors before crime happens. Our approach is to promote the implementation of effective crime prevention practices.
We work closely with partners and stakeholders in the provinces and territories to develop and implement results-driven programs that target specific crime issues in regions and communities across Canada. We provide tools, knowledge and support to undertake crime prevention initiatives in communities large and small across Canada.
Crime Prevention Inventory
The Crime Prevention Inventory (CPI), developed in collaboration with provinces and territories, is a searchable database of crime prevention programs in Canada. The CPI supports the National Action Plan on Crime Prevention, a commitment made by Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers responsible for Justice and Public Safety to develop the knowledge base of effective crime prevention approaches in Canada.
The CPI allows users to search for programs based on keywords or a combination of several filters such as:
- The topic addressed by the program (e.g., aggressive/violent behaviours, alcohol and/or drug abuse, bullying/cyberbullying);
- The characteristics of the participants or populations served by the program;
- Program setting; and
- Program evaluation results, where available.
For more information
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish, you can also register to the CSCCB mailing list to receive updates.
Crime Prevention News Releases
Government of Canada engages stakeholders to counter human trafficking
September 28, 2018
Canadians share their views on countering radicalization to violence
September 24, 2018
Government of Canada provides support to youth and families in Prince Albert
September 11, 2018
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Summary of the 2017-18 Evaluation of the Major International Event Security Cost Framework
- The Canada Centre for Community Engagement and Prevention of Violence - What we heard
- 2017-2018 Evaluation of the National Crime Prevention Strategy
- National Consultations Discussion Paper: The Way Forward to End Human Trafficking
- Sustainability Study: National Crime Prevention Strategy Programs
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: