Public Safety Canada is responsible for implementing the National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS). Our work provides national leadership on effective and cost-effective ways to prevent and reduce crime by intervening on the risk factors before crime happens. Our approach is to promote the implementation of effective crime prevention practices.
We work closely with partners and stakeholders in the provinces and territories to develop and implement results-driven programs that target specific crime issues in regions and communities across Canada. We provide tools, knowledge and support to undertake crime prevention initiatives in communities large and small across Canada.
Crime Prevention Inventory
The Crime Prevention Inventory (CPI), developed in collaboration with provinces and territories, is a searchable database of crime prevention programs in Canada. The CPI supports the National Action Plan on Crime Prevention, a commitment made by Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers responsible for Justice and Public Safety to develop the knowledge base of effective crime prevention approaches in Canada.
The CPI allows users to search for programs based on keywords or a combination of several filters such as:
- The topic addressed by the program (e.g., aggressive/violent behaviours, alcohol and/or drug abuse, bullying/cyberbullying);
- The characteristics of the participants or populations served by the program;
- Program setting; and
- Program evaluation results, where available.
For more information
Send an email to email@example.com.
If you wish, you can also register to the CSCCB mailing list to receive updates.
Crime Prevention News Releases
Government of Canada invests in at-risk youth and crime prevention programming in Toronto
March 6, 2020
Minister Monsef - $75-million National Strategy to Combat Human Trafficking announced, Special Advisor appointed
September 4, 2019
Minister Goodale - $75-million National Strategy to Combat Human Trafficking announced, Special Advisor appointed
September 4, 2019
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Profile of Canadian Businesses who Report Cybercrime to Police
- Research Summary - Profile of Canadian Businesses who Report Cybercrime to Police
- Measuring Public Attitudes towards the Police – Technical Report
- Research Summary: Behaviours and Beliefs Related to Cannabis Before Legalization: A Public Safety Perspective
- Behaviours and Beliefs Related to Cannabis Before Legalization: A Public Safety Perspective
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: