Public Safety Canada is responsible for implementing the National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS). Our work provides national leadership on effective and cost-effective ways to prevent and reduce crime by intervening on the risk factors before crime happens. Our approach is to promote the implementation of effective crime prevention practices.
We work closely with partners and stakeholders in the provinces and territories to develop and implement results-driven programs that target specific crime issues in regions and communities across Canada. We provide tools, knowledge and support to undertake crime prevention initiatives in communities large and small across Canada.
Crime Prevention Inventory
The Crime Prevention Inventory (CPI), developed in collaboration with provinces and territories, is a searchable database of crime prevention programs in Canada. The CPI supports the National Action Plan on Crime Prevention, a commitment made by Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers responsible for Justice and Public Safety to develop the knowledge base of effective crime prevention approaches in Canada.
The CPI allows users to search for programs based on keywords or a combination of several filters such as:
- The topic addressed by the program (e.g., aggressive/violent behaviours, alcohol and/or drug abuse, bullying/cyberbullying);
- The characteristics of the participants or populations served by the program;
- Program setting; and
- Program evaluation results, where available.
For more information
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish, you can also register to the CSCCB mailing list to receive updates.
Crime Prevention News Releases
Government of Canada provides assistance to vulnerable women in the North End of Winnipeg
August 8, 2018
Government of Canada provides support to youth and families in Montreal
July 18, 2018
Roundtable on gender and trafficking in persons held in advance of G7 Security Ministers' Meeting
April 20, 2018
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Sustainability Study: National Crime Prevention Strategy Programs
- Research Highlights - Crime Prevention: Local Adaptations of Crime Prevention Programs: A Toolkit
- Research Summary - Local Adaptations of Crime Prevention Programs: A Toolkit
- Research Summary: Evaluation Of An Innovative Cyberbullying Intervention: STOPit
- Evaluation of an Innovative Cyberbullying Intervention: STOPit: Summary Report
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: