The Government of Canada has implemented a series of measures to strengthen public sector management by enhancing transparency and oversight of public resources in the federal government.
- One of these measures includes the proactive disclosure of financial and human resources related information by departments and agencies. By making this information readily available on departmental web sites, Canadians and Parliament are better able to hold the Government and public sector officials to account.
- Disclosure of travel and hospitality expenses
- Disclosure of Contracts Over $10,000
- Disclosure of position reclassifications
- Disclosure of Grant and Contribution Awards Over $25,000
- Disclosure of information on founded wrongdoing
Access to Information and Privacy
- Info Source
- Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)
- Completed Access to Information Requests
- Privacy Impact Assessment Summaries
- Online Consultation on the Review of Record Suspensions (Closed)
- Engagement on Indigenous Policing (Closed)
- Consultation on National Security (Closed)
- Consultation on Cyber Security (Closed)
The Canadian Disaster Database is a publically accessible web-based repository of historical information about natural and made-made disasters that have taken place since 1900 in Canada or abroad that have directly affected Canadians. The database contains information on over 1000 events and can be used to support research, academic activities and decision-making across a breadth of fields including earth sciences, agriculture, climate change, biology and epidemiology, land use planning, insurance, investment, and the anthropological and sociological aspects of community resilience, among many others.
The Open Data Portal offers Government data in a more useful format to enable citizens, the private sector and non-government organizations to leverage the data in innovative and value-added ways.
Learn more about Canada's Action Plan on Open Government by visiting the Open Government website. To find out about upcoming consultations, visit the Consulting Canadians website and the Canada Gazette.
- Date modified: