Privacy Impact Assessments
A Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) is a project-based assessment which assists government departments and agencies in evaluating the effects of program and service delivery on individual privacy to ensure the protection of personal information.
The Directive on Privacy Impact Assessment makes it mandatory to document, publish and maintain a PIA for all federal programs and services that may have an impact on privacy rights.
The following are summaries of PIAs which have been completed by Public Safety Canada:
- Passenger Protect Program: Centralized Screening
- Canadian Travel Number
- Passenger Protect Program
- Memorial Grant Program for First Responders
- Governor in Council Appointments
- Emergency Management Exemplary Service Award
- Mentoring Program
- Air India Ex-Gratia Payments
- The Canadian Cyber Incident Response Center's (CCIRC) Collection of Digital Information
- Government Operations Centre
- Date modified: