With a little preparation, you can be ready for anything. Understand the risks in your area, create a household emergency plan and build an emergency kit.
Government of Canada takes steps to address overrepresentation of Indigenous, Black, and racialized people in the criminal justice system
March 21, 2023
Government taking action on gun crime in Regina with up to $2.96 million for prevention programs
March 17, 2023
Minister Mendicino announces Interim Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
March 17, 2023
Services and information
Safety and security of Canadians both at home and abroad.
Helping Canadians and their communities protect themselves from emergencies and disasters.
Federal policy leadership, coordination and program support related to crime prevention, law enforcement, and the rehabilitation of offenders.
Promoting the safety and economic well-being of Canadians through supporting secure and efficient management of Canada's borders.
Driving impaired is illegal. Learn about the types, risks, laws and enforcement.
Centre for Resiliency and Continuity Management
Helping federal institutions build resiliency by providing guidance on business continuity management.
Online predators use kid-friendly apps to meet and exploit children. And it happens in Canada more than you think. Learn how to protect your kids.
Get information and tips on what to do if this issue affects you or someone you care about.
Many Canadians misunderstand human trafficking. It doesn’t have to involve crossing borders; it’s happening in communities across Canada.
A CTN prevents delays at the airport for travellers who have the same, or similar, name as someone on the Secure Air Travel Act (SATA) list.
Learn about the Financial Crime Coordination Centre (FC3) and its new Knowledge Hub Portal
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection mobile app can expedite the travel process. Learn how to make your travel experience faster and easier.
Public Safety Canada Departmental Plan 2023–24
As Ministers responsible for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, we are proud to introduce Public Safety Canada’s 2023-24 Departmental Plan.
- 2021 Corrections and Conditional Release Statistical Overview
- Security of Canada Information Disclosure Act: A Step-by-Step Guide to Responsible Information Sharing
- Dynamic Risk Scales Decay Over Time: Evidence for Reassessment
- Research Summary: Dynamic Risk Scales Decay Over Time: Evidence for Reassessment
- Consultation on a foreign influence transparency registry (Open)
- Targeted Engagement in support of the Implementation Plan for the Federal Framework to Reduce Recidivism (Open)
- Share your thoughts: proposed pricing model for the assault-style firearms buyback program (Closed)
- Consulting on Canada's Approach to Cyber Security (Closed)
- Targeted Engagement on National Risk Profile (Open)
- Date modified: