Foreign interference poses one of the greatest strategic threats to Canada’s national security.
Services and information
The Government of Canada is engaging a diverse range of stakeholders and the public on a potential foreign influence transparency registry.
As an advanced economy and open democracy, Canada is a target of foreign interference.
Learn how to recognize foreign interference and how to protect yourself.
Learn more about protecting your knowledge and innovations.
Resources to help Canadians.
Foreign Interference - News Releases
Five Country Ministerial Communiqué
June 28, 2023
Government of Canada launches public consultations on a Foreign Influence Transparency Registry in Canada
March 10, 2023
Government introduces new legislation to protect Canada’s cyber security
June 14, 2022
Foreign Interference - Publications and Reports
- Enhancing Foreign Influence Transparency: Exploring Measures to Strengthen Canada’s Approach
- Research Security Information Update – July 2022
- National Cyber Security Strategy 2019-2024: Report on the Mid-term Review
- Research Security Information Update - February 2022
- National Cyber Security Action Plan (2019-2024)
- Date modified: