Foreign interference poses one of the greatest strategic threats to Canada’s national security.
Services and information
Consulting Canadians on the merits of a Foreign Influence Transparency Registry
The Government of Canada is engaging a diverse range of stakeholders and the public on a potential foreign influence transparency registry.
Countering foreign interference
As an advanced economy and open democracy, Canada is a target of foreign interference.
Protect yourself from foreign interference
Learn how to recognize foreign interference and how to protect yourself.
Protecting your research and intellectual property
Learn more about protecting your knowledge and innovations.
How to report foreign interference
Resources to help Canadians.
Foreign Interference - News Releases
Government of Canada launches public consultations on a Foreign Influence Transparency Registry in Canada
March 10, 2023
Government introduces new legislation to protect Canada’s cyber security
June 14, 2022
Minister Mendicino announces new mandate letters to deputy heads of Public Safety agencies
May 27, 2022
Foreign Interference - Publications and Reports
- Enhancing Foreign Influence Transparency: Exploring Measures to Strengthen Canada’s Approach
- Research Security Information Update – July 2022
- National Cyber Security Strategy 2019-2024: Report on the Mid-term Review
- Research Security Information Update - February 2022
- National Cyber Security Action Plan (2019-2024)
- Date modified: