Acts and Regulations
The Minister of Public Safety has a wide range of responsibilities under many different statutes. Some are administered by Public Safety Canada (PS), while others are administered by agencies within the Public Safety Portfolio. Below is a list of all the acts and regulations managed by PS, as well as PS's forward regulatory plans and information on the Government-wide approach to a more transparent and predictable regulatory system for Canadians and businesses.
What are we doing?
As a department, Public Safety Canada is responsible for the following:
- List of Acts and Regulations
- Forward Regulatory Plan
- Administrative Burden Baseline
- Interpretation Policy
To view regulatory information about agencies in the Public Safety Portfolio, please visit the Acts and Regulations sections of the following Web sites:
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Correctional Service Canada
- Parole Board of Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police External Review Committee
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Complaints Commission
All of the government's Acts and Regulations can be found on the Justice Canada website.
For more information
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: