Acts and Regulations
The Minister of Public Safety has a wide range of responsibilities under many different statutes. Some are administered by Public Safety Canada (PS), while others are administered by agencies within the Public Safety Portfolio. Below is a list of all the acts and regulations managed by PS, as well as PS's forward regulatory plans and information on the Government-wide approach to a more transparent and predictable regulatory system for Canadians and businesses.
What are we doing?
As a department, Public Safety Canada is responsible for the following:
- List of Acts and Regulations
- Forward Regulatory Plan
- Regulatory Stock Review Plan 2019 – 2024
- Administrative Burden Baseline
- Public Safety Canada’s Policy on Providing Guidance on Regulatory Requirements
To view regulatory information about agencies in the Public Safety Portfolio, please visit the Acts and Regulations sections of the following Web sites:
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Correctional Service Canada
- Parole Board of Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police External Review Committee
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Complaints Commission
All of the government's Acts and Regulations can be found on the Justice Canada website.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Developing and Improving Federal Regulations
- Date modified: