Stabilized Funding for Quebec’s National Police School (Synopsis)

Quebec’s National Police School

Description: This initiative has established ongoing, stabilized funding for Quebec’s national police school (l’École Nationale de Police du Québec) by imposing a 1% annual contribution from the payroll of all police services in Quebec (pursuant to Quebec’s Police Act, Ref. c. P-13.1, art. 43). This contribution provides 75% of funding to the school, with the remaining 25% consisting of tuition and school registration fees.
Objective: The objective of this initiative is to ensure an ongoing and stable source of funding for the school.
Outcomes: An ongoing and stable source of funding for the school has been secured.
Resources: There was no cost to implement this initiative. Police services in Quebec are contributing 1% of their payroll budget to fund the school. This amounted to $12.6 million in 2010 and $12.8 million in 2011. Given that there are 15,793 officers in Quebec (based on December 2011 statistics) this amounts to approximately $810 for each police officer on payroll.
Province: Quebec
Record Entry Date: 2013-08-01
Date modified: