As per the nomination process, a nominator and nominee form need to be completed and submitted for each nomination for the Search and Rescue categories, and for all federal nominations in other award categories. The fillable PDF is the preferred format.
Nominator Form (Download) (PDF, 1.49 MB)
Nominee Form (Download) (PDF, 1.49 MB)
Note that for group nominations, a separate nominee form must be completed and signed by each group member.
Nomination package must also include:
- Summary of significant achievements to advance emergency management in Canada and/or to respond in an exemplary manner to a major crisis or emergency situation affecting life, health and/or property (e.g. 500 words
- For individual nominations: Brief biography of nominee and his/her background/history and nomination criteria (e.g. 250 words)
- For group nominations: Brief overview of the group/project team, their background/history and nomination criteria (e.g. 250 words)
- Written testimonials from at least two additional persons who can attest to the value and impact of the individual or group’s achievements (e.g. 250 words each). Each testimonial must be dated and signed.
- Additional reference material to support the nomination, as required (such as media clippings, etc.)
Nominations must be submitted by January 31, 2018 to:
Public Safety Canada
Emergency Management Exemplary Service Award
269 Laurier Avenue West, Room 17B-2500
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0P8
Please note that these addresses are only for SAR nominations (federal level, and all provinces/territories), and federal nominations in the Resilient Communities, Youth, and Outstanding Contribution to Emergency Management categories.
Nominations sent to these addresses may be considered in a different category, as appropriate.
Additionally, if it is determined by the EMESA administrators that the scope of the nominee's achievements relates more to a different jurisdiction (e.g. provincial/territorial instead of federal), the nominator will be informed, so he/she can send the nomination to the appropriate jurisdiction, as appropriate.
For SAR category awards, nominations will flow through the National SAR Secretariat, who will engage the SAR community to select nominations for submission to the General Selection Committee.
For non-SAR categories, provinces and territories may submit up to five nominees in each category. If you would like to know more about the nomination process in your province or territory, visit the Provincial/Territorial Contacts page.
- Date modified: