Canada's Platform - General Membership
The General Membership is open to participation by any individual, organization, company, government or other entity interested in contributing to disaster resilience. General Members are encouraged to engage in the work of Canada's Platform through existing sectoral fora, such as Critical Infrastructure Sector Networks and Domestic Group on Emergency Management. There is no maximum number of General Membership spaces; and there is no cost associated with General Membership.
Benefits of Membership
General Membership in Canada's Platform brings with it a number of benefits, including:
- opportunity to network with a diverse group of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) stakeholders from across Canada;
- collaborative work opportunities through Platform Working Groups, the Advisory Committee and the National Roundtable;
- opportunity to shape national and international policies on DRR; and
- influencing directions.
General Membership comes with the opportunity to engage in a variety of activities through Canada's Platform, including:
- promoting the United Nations' Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and its strategic priorities and action items;
- encouraging the implementation of evidence based disaster resilience building initiatives;
- actively engaging in DRR activities within respective organizations and communities, as appropriate; and
- participating in Canada's Platform initiatives, including the National Roundtable, Working Groups, creation and dissemination of knowledge.
Members are encouraged to express their specific interests or proposed activities to the Platform's Secretariat, in order to increase the value and relevance of the Platform activities to all disaster risk reduction sectors.
How to Become a Member
If interested in becoming a member, please contact Canada's Platform Secretariat:
- Date modified: