Canada's Platform - General Membership
General Membership is open to any individual, organization, company, government or other entity interested in contributing to disaster resilience. General Members are encouraged to engage in the work of Canada's Platform through existing sectoral fora, such as Critical Infrastructure Sector Networks and Domestic Group on Emergency Management. There is no maximum number of General Membership spaces; and there is no cost associated with General Membership.
Members can also engage by joining Public Safety’s group on Canada’s Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, which can be found on GCcollab. The purpose of GCcollab is to facilitate information sharing between academic and public sector communities in order to help shape national policies and programs on disaster risk reduction.
Through the GCcollab group, all registered users are able to browse content, network, share information, and collaborate in order to reduce risk, vulnerability, and impacts of natural and non-natural disasters to Canadians, as well as support stakeholders with relevant knowledge and information.
To become a member of the group for Canada’s Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction on GCcollab, users must have a GCcollab account. To create an account, please contact Canada's Platform Secretariat:
Benefits of Membership
General Membership in Canada's Platform brings with it a number of benefits, including:
- opportunity to network with a diverse group of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) stakeholders from across Canada;
- collaborative work opportunities through GCCollab, the Advisory Committee and the National Roundtable;
- opportunity to shape national and international policies on DRR; and
- influencing directions.
General Membership comes with the opportunity to engage in a variety of activities through Canada's Platform, including:
- promoting the United Nations' Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and its strategic priorities and action items;
- encouraging the implementation of evidence based disaster resilience building initiatives;
- actively engaging in DRR activities within respective organizations and communities, as appropriate; and
- participating in Canada's Platform initiatives, including the National Roundtable, GCCollab, creation and dissemination of knowledge.
Members are encouraged to express their specific interests or proposed activities to the Platform's Secretariat, in order to increase the value and relevance of the Platform activities to all disaster risk reduction sectors.
How to Become a Member
If you would like to become a member, or create a GCcollab account, please contact Canada's Platform Secretariat:
- Date modified: