Northern and Aboriginal Crime Prevention Fund (NACPF)
The NCPS call for applications is now closed.
The deadline to submit an application was July 31st at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST).
The Northern and Aboriginal Crime Prevention Fund (NACPF) assists communities experiencing multiple risk factors and other challenges that affect their ability to respond to crime issues, such as remote geographical location and limited capacity. It achieves this by providing time-limited funding to support culturally sensitive initiatives that foster the development and implementation of crime prevention approaches in Aboriginal communities, both on-and off-reserve and in the North. In addition, it assists building the knowledge and capacity required to develop or adapt culturally sensitive, effective ways to prevent crime.
In order to effect positive changes in risk and protective factors and foster crime prevention in Northern and Indigenous communities, the NACPF will support:
- the adaptation, development and implementation of innovative and promising culturally sensitive crime prevention practices which address known risk and protective factors to reduce offending among at-risk children and youth, and high risk offenders in communities;
- the dissemination of knowledge and the development of tools and resources for Indigenous and Northern populations; and
- capacity building as a means to explore ways to develop or implement culturally sensitive crime prevention practices among Aboriginal and northern populations.
Crime Prevention News Releases
Government of Canada working with Pride Toronto to improve safety of LGBTQ2 communities
November 24, 2018
Federal support of 1.5 million to UQAM to prevent radicalization to violence
November 14, 2018
Government of Canada provides support for youth in four New Brunswick communities
November 14, 2018
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- The Canada Centre for Community Engagement and Prevention of Violence - What we heard
- 2017-2018 Evaluation of the National Crime Prevention Strategy
- Summary of the 2017-18 Evaluation of the National Crime Prevention Strategy
- National Consultations Discussion Paper: The Way Forward to End Human Trafficking
- Sustainability Study: National Crime Prevention Strategy Programs
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: