Crime Prevention Action Fund
The Crime Prevention Action Fund (CPAF)
The CPAF 2021 Call for Applications is now closed and is no longer accepting applications. The deadline to submit an application was on October 6, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (PT).
The Crime Prevention Action Fund (CPAF) provides time-limited grant and contribution funding that supports evidence-based crime prevention initiatives in communities that address known risk and protective factors associated with crime among vulnerable groups of the population, especially children and youth from 6-24 years, and chronic offenders.
The objectives of the CPAF are to:
- Support evidence-based models and promising practices which address known risk and protective factors to reduce offending among at-risk children and youth, and high risk offenders in communities;
- Support the dissemination of knowledge and the development of tools and resources related to effective crime prevention practices; and
- Support innovative projects to explore ways in responding to known risk and protective factors related to offending among at-risk children and youth, and high risk offenders in communities.
Crime Prevention News Releases
Minister Mendicino welcomes Committee report on reducing gun and gang violence
September 16, 2022
Government supports action to combat gun and gang violence in Fredericton with nearly $1 million
August 26, 2022
Government takes action on gun violence in Miramichi with nearly $1 million for prevention programs
August 25, 2022
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Mass Casualty Commission Interim Report
- Annual National Data Report to Inform Trends and Patterns in Drug-Impaired Driving 2021
- Large-Scale Implementation and Evaluation of the Strategic Training Initiative in Community Supervision (STICS)
- Research Summary - Large-Scale Implementation and Evaluation of the Strategic Training Initiative in Community Supervision (STICS)
- Research Summary - Crime Prevention Programs in Canada: Examining Key Implementation Elements for Indigenous Populations
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: