Critical Infrastructure Partners
Strengthening the resilience of critical infrastructure (CI) requires collaborative work among all partners and stakeholders. Public Safety Canada works closely with CI stakeholders, including federal departments and agencies, provinces and territories, owners and operators, the research and development community and international counterparts. Building on this approach, Public Safety Canada works with its partners to share information, manage risks and reduce CI vulnerabilities across the 10 sectors:
- Energy and Utilities
- Information and Communication Technology
We work to enhance partnership building, information-sharing and risk management activities with public-private CI partners across Canada's 10 CI sectors, through cross-sector engagement forums such as:
- the National Cross Sector Forum (NCSF) on CI: A membership-based forum that brings together senior industry leaders from across the 10 CI sectors to discuss emerging issues and set national CI priorities.
- the Multi-Sector Network (MSN): A forum with no fixed membership that engages working-level representatives from across the 10 CI sectors to promote information-sharing and identify best practices.
Contact us to learn more about taking part in our cross-sector initiatives and meetings.
Establishing trusted partnerships across the CI sectors is essential for strengthening Canadian CI resilience. By developing these partnerships, we are able to better serve CI owners and operators as well as the Canadian public.
Canada–United States Cooperation
Canada and the United States work together on CI, specifically related to the movement of people and goods between Canada and the United States. Together with the organizations and processes that facilitate this border traffic, this Canada–United States cooperation represents an integral part of our cross-border CI.
- Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
- Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
- Public Safety Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Provinces and Territories
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- Civil Protection, Ministère de la Sécurité publique (QC)
- Emergency Management (NU)
- Emergency Management and Climate Readiness (B.C.)
- Emergency Management Office (NS)
- Emergency Management Ontario (ON)
- Emergency Management Organization (SK)
- Emergency Measures Organization (MB)
- Emergency Measures Organization (NB)
- Emergency Measures Organization (PEI)
- Emergency Measures Organization (YK)
- Emergency Preparedness (NWT)
- Emergency Services (NL)
Canada's partners in critical infrastructure include:
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation
- Trusted Information Sharing Network for Critical Infrastructure Protection
CI Talks: Critical Infrastructure Partnerships
- Date modified: