Microsoft Security Updates – Out-of-Band
Date: 04 January 2018
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to recently released Microsoft Security Updates. This update resolves vulnerabilities that could be used to read the content of memory across a trusted boundary and can therefore lead to information disclosure.
The summary covers multiple out-of-band support package deployments addressing multiple vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems Service Pack 1
- Windows 8.1 for x64-based systems
- Windows 8.1 for 32-bit systems
- Windows 7 for x64-based Systems Service Pack 1
- Windows 7 for 32-bit Systems Service Pack 1
- Windows 10 Version 1709 for 64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1709 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1703 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
- Windows 10 for 32-bit Systems
CVE References: CVE-2017-5754, CVE-2017-5753, CVE-2017-5715, CVE-2018-0818, CVE-2018-0788, CVE-2018-0754, CVE-2018-0750, CVE-2018-0741, CVE-2018-0753, CVE-2018-0746, CVE-2018-0747, CVE-2018-0748, CVE-2018-0751, CVE-2018-0752, CVE-2018-0744, CVE-2018-0745, CVE-2018-0749, CVE-2018-0743, CVE-2018-0762, CVE-2018-0772, CVE-2018-0766, CVE-2018-0773, CVE-2018-0774, CVE-2018-0781, CVE-2018-0800, CVE-2018-0758, CVE-2018-0767, CVE-2018-0768, CVE-2018-0769, CVE-2018-0770, CVE-2018-0775, CVE-2018-0776, CVE-2018-0777, CVE-2018-0778, CVE-2018-0780, CVE-2018-0803
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: