Microsoft Office Security Update
Date: 29 November 2017
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to a recent security update for Microsoft Office.
CCIRC is aware of a critical vulnerability in Microsoft Office. Exploitation of this vulnerability may allow for remote code execution.
- Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (32-bit editions)
- Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (64-bit editions)
- Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (32-bit editions)
- Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (64-bit editions)
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32-bit edition)
- Microsoft Office 2016 (64-bit edition)
- Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3
CVE Reference: CVE-2017-11882
CCIRC recommends that owner/operators test and deploy the vendor released updates or workarounds to affected platforms accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: