Microsoft Security Updates – Out-of-Band
Date: 28 July 2017
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to recently released Microsoft Security Updates. This update resolves vulnerabilities that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file.
The summary covers multiple out-of-band support package deployments addressing multiple vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run (C2R) for 64-bit editions
- Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run (C2R) for 32-bit editions
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1 (32-bit editions)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1 (64-bit editions)
- Microsoft Office 2013 Click-to-Run (C2R) for 64-bit editions
- Microsoft Office 2013 Click-to-Run (C2R) for 32-bit editions
- Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run (C2R) for 64-bit editions
- Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run (C2R) for 32-bit editions
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 (64-bit edition)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 (32-bit edition)
CVE References: CVE-2017-8571, CVE-2017-8572, CVE-2017-8663
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: