Cisco Releases Security Updates
Date: 14 February 2017
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to multiple Cisco security advisories.
Cisco released multiple security updates to address vulnerabilities (critical to medium) in the following products.
- Cisco WebEx Browser Extension Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for Windows SBL Privileges Escalation Vulnerability
- Cisco ASA Clientless SSL VPN CIFS Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- Vulnerability in GNU glibc Affecting Cisco Products: February 2016
- Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL Affecting Cisco Products: September 2016
- Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL Affecting Cisco Products: January 2017
- OSPF LSA Manipulation Vulnerability in Multiple Cisco Products
CVE References :
Critical Impact CVE: CVE-2017-3823
High Impact CVE: CVE-2015-7547, CVE-2017-3807, CVE-2017-3813
Medium Impact CVE: CVE-2013-0149, CVE-2016-2177, CVE-2016-2178, CVE-2016-2179, CVE-2016-2180, CVE-2016-2181, CVE-2016-2182, CVE-2016-2183, CVE-2016-6302, CVE-2016-6303, CVE-2016-6304, CVE-2016-6305, CVE-2016-6306, CVE-2016-6307, CVE-2016-6308, CVE-2016-6309, CVE-2016-7052, CVE-2017-3730, CVE-2017-3731, CVE-2017-3732
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: