Cisco Releases Security Updates
Date: 25 January 2017
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to multiple Cisco security advisories.
Cisco released multiple security updates to address vulnerabilities (critical to medium) in the following products.
- Cisco Hybrid Meeting Server Web Interface Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Cisco IOS and Cisco IOx Software Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- Cisco IOS for Catalyst 2960X and 3750X Switches Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco Mobility Express 2800 and 3800 802.11 Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco Mobility Express 2800 and 3800 Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco NetFlow Generation Appliance Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series Switches Software IS-IS Packet Processing Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Cisco WebEx Browser Extension Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Site Redirection Vulnerability
- Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Arbitrary Password Change Vulnerability
- Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Command Bypass Vulnerability
- Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Information Disclosure Vulnerability
Critical Impact CVE: CVE-2017-3823
Medium Impact CVEs: CVE-2016-9218, CVE-2016-9220, CVE-2016-9221, CVE-2016-9222, CVE-2017-3794, CVE-2017-3795, CVE-2017-3796, CVE-2017-3797, CVE-2017-3798, CVE-2017-3799, CVE-2017-3803, CVE-2017-3804, CVE-2017-3805
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: