Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary – December 2016
Date: 14 December 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the monthly Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for December 2016.
The summary covers 12 bulletins (6 Critical and 6 Important), which addresses multiple vulnerabilities in; Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, Adobe Flash Player, Microsoft .NET Framework, Services and Web Apps.
- MS16-144 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3204059)
- MS16-145 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3204062)
- MS16-146 Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component (3204066)
- MS16-147 Security Update for Microsoft Uniscribe (3204063)
- MS16-148 Security Update for Microsoft Office (3204068)
- MS16-154 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3209498)
- MS16-149 Security Update for Microsoft Windows (3205655)
- MS16-150 Security Update for Secure Kernel Mode (3205642)
- MS16-151 Security Update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers (3205651)
- MS16-152 Security Update for Windows Kernel (3199709)
- MS16-153 Security Update for Common Log File System Driver (3207328)
- MS16-155 Security Update for .NET Framework (3205640)
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: