Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary – October 2016
Date: 11 October 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the monthly Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2016.
The summary covers 10 bulletins (5 Critical, 4 Important and 1 Moderate), which addresses multiple vulnerabilities in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Video Control, Adobe Flash Player, Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers, Windows Registry, Diagnostics Hub, and Microsoft Internet Messaging API.
- MS16-118 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3192887)
- MS16-119 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3192890)
- MS16-120 Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component (3192884)
- MS16-122 Security Update for Microsoft Video Control (3195360)
- MS16-127 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3194343)
- MS16-121 Security Update for Microsoft Office (3194063)
- MS16-123 Security Update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers (3192892)
- MS16-124 Security Update for Windows Registry (3193227)
- MS16-125 Security Update for Diagnostics Hub (3193229)
- MS16-126 Security Update for Microsoft Internet Messaging API (3196067)
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: