Security Updates for Multiple Adobe Products
Date: 13 September 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the recently released security updates for multiple Adobe products.
Adobe has released Security Bulletins APSB16-28, APSB16-29, and APSB16-30 to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to take control of vulnerable systems. All OS platforms are reported as being impacted.
Affected software versions:
- Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.1 and earlier versions
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime 18.104.22.168 and earlier (Windows and Macintosh)
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release 22.214.171.1246 and earlier (Windows and Macintosh)
- Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome 126.96.36.199 and earlier (Windows, Macintosh, Linux and ChromeOS)
- Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 188.8.131.52 and earlier (Windows 10 and 8.1)
- Adobe Flash Player for Linux 184.108.40.2062 and earlier
- Adobe AIR SDK & Compiler 220.127.116.11 and earlier
CVE References: CVE-2016-4256, CVE-2016-4257, CVE-2016-4258, CVE-2016-4259, CVE-2016-4260, CVE-2016-4261, CVE-2016-4262, CVE-2016-4263, CVE-2016-4182, CVE-2016-4237, CVE-2016-4238, CVE-2016-4271, CVE-2016-4272, CVE-2016-4274, CVE-2016-4275, CVE-2016-4276, CVE-2016-4277, CVE-2016-4278, CVE-2016-4279, CVE-2016-4280, CVE-2016-4281, CVE-2016-4282, CVE-2016-4283, CVE-2016-4284, CVE-2016-4285, CVE-2016-4287, CVE-2016-6921, CVE-2016-6922, CVE-2016-6923, CVE-2016-6924, CVE-2016-6925, CVE-2016-6926, CVE-2016-6927, CVE-2016-6929, CVE-2016-6930, CVE-2016-6931, CVE-2016-6932, CVE-2016-6936
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Adobe Security Bulletin:
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: