Security Updates for Adobe Flash and AIR
Date: 16 June 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the recently released security updates for Adobe Flash Player and AIR.
Adobe has released Security Bulletin APSB16-18 and Security Bulletin APSB16-23 to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to take control of vulnerable systems. All OS platform are reported as being impacted by APSB16-18, while Windows platform is affected in APSB16-23.
Affected software versions:
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime 188.8.131.52 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release 184.108.40.2062 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome 220.127.116.11 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 18.104.22.168 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player for Linux 22.214.171.1241 and earlier
- Adobe AIR Desktop Runtime 126.96.36.199 and earlier
CVE References: CVE-2016-4116, CVE-2016-4122, CVE-2016-4123, CVE-2016-4124, CVE-2016-4125, CVE-2016-4127, CVE-2016-4128, CVE-2016-4129, CVE-2016-4130, CVE-2016-4131, CVE-2016-4132, CVE-2016-4133, CVE-2016-4134, CVE-2016-4135, CVE-2016-4136, CVE-2016-4137, CVE-2016-4138, CVE-2016-4139, CVE-2016-4140, CVE-2016-4141, CVE-2016-4142, CVE-2016-4143, CVE-2016-4144, CVE-2016-4145, CVE-2016-4146, CVE-2016-4147, CVE-2016-4148, CVE-2016-4149, CVE-2016-4150, CVE-2016-4151, CVE-2016-4152, CVE-2016-4153, CVE-2016-4154, CVE-2016-4155, CVE-2016-4156, CVE-2016-4166, CVE-2016-4171
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
- Adobe Security Bulletin - Adobe Flash Player (APSB16-18):
- Adobe Security Bulletin - Adobe AIR (APSB16-23):
- CCIRC Alert AL16-012: Active Exploitation of Vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player:
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: