Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary for April 2016
Date: 12 April 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the monthly Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2016.
The summary covers 13 bulletins (6 Critical and 7 Important), which addresses multiple vulnerabilities in Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Graphic Component, Microsoft XML Core Services, Windows OLE, Windows Hyper-V, Secondary Logon, SAM and LSAD Remote Protocols, CSRSS, and Adobe Flash Player.
- MS16-037 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3148531)
- MS16-038 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3148532)
- MS16-039 Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component (3148522)
- MS16-040 Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services (3148541)
- MS16-042 Security Update for Microsoft Office (3148775)
- MS16-050 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3135782)
- MS16-041 Security Update for .NET Framework (3148789)
- MS16-044 Security Update for Windows OLE (3146706)
- MS16-045 Security Update for Windows Hyper-V (3143118)
- MS16-046 Security Update for Secondary Logon (3148538)
- MS16-047 Security Update for SAM and LSAD Remote Protocols (3148527)
- MS16-048 Security Update for CSRSS (3148528)
- MS16-049 Security Update for HTTP.sys (3148795)
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: