Security Update for Adobe Flash Player
Date: 9 February 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to recently released security update for Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe has released Security Bulletin APSB16-04 to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Affected software versions:
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime 184.108.40.2066 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release 220.127.116.116 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome 18.104.22.1686 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and ChromeOS
- Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 22.214.171.1242 and earlier versions for Windows 10
- Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 11 and 126.96.36.1992 and earlier versions for Windows 8.1
- Adobe Flash Player for Linux 188.8.131.529 and earlier versions for Linux
- AIR Desktop Runtime 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- AIR SDK 220.127.116.11 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS
- AIR SDK & Compiler 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS
CVE References: CVE-2016-0964, CVE-2016-0965, CVE-2016-0966, CVE-2016-0967, CVE-2016-0968, CVE-2016-0969, CVE-2016-0970, CVE-2016-0971, CVE-2016-0972, CVE-2016-0973, CVE-2016-0974, CVE-2016-0975, CVE-2016-0976, CVE-2016-0977, CVE-2016-0978, CVE-2016-0979, CVE-2016-0980, CVE-2016-0981, CVE-2016-0982, CVE-2016-0983, CVE-2016-0984, CVE-2016-0985
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: