Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary for January Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary for January 2016
Date: 12 January 2016
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the monthly Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for January 2016.
The summary covers 9 bulletins (6 Critical and 3 Important), which addresses multiple vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Jscript, VBScript, Silverlight, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers.
- MS16-001 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3124903)
- MS16-002 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3124904)
- MS16-003 Cumulative Security Update for JScript and VBScript to Address Remote Code Execution (3125540)
- MS16-004 Security Update for Microsoft Office to Address Remote Code Execution (3124585)
- MS16-005 Security Update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers to Address Remote Code Execution (3124584)
- MS16-006 Security Update for Silverlight to Address Remote Code Execution (3126036)
- MS16-007 Security Update for Microsoft Windows to Address Remote Code Execution (3124901)
- MS16-008 Security Update for Windows Kernel to Address Elevation of Privilege (3124605)
- MS16-010 Security Update in Microsoft Exchange Server to Address Spoofing (3124557)
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: