Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary for December 2015
Date: 8 December 2015
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the monthly Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for December 2015.
The summary covers 12 bulletins (8 Critical and 4 Important), which addresses multiple vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Jscript, VBScript, Windows DNS, Graphics Component, Silverlight , Uniscribe, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Windows PGM, Windows Media Center and Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers
*** Critical ***
- MS15-124 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3116180)
- MS15-125 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3116184)
- MS15-126 Cumulative Security Update for JScript and VBScript to Address Remote Code Execution (3116178)
- MS15-127 Security Update for Microsoft Windows DNS to Address Remote Code Execution (3100465)
- MS15-128 Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component to Address Remote Code Execution (3104503)
- MS15-129 Security Update for Silverlight to Address Remote Code Execution (3106614)
- MS15-130 Security Update for Microsoft Uniscribe to Address Remote Code Execution (3108670)
- MS15-131 Security Update for Microsoft Office to Address Remote Code Execution (3116111)
*** Important ***
- MS15-132 Security Update for Microsoft Windows to Address Remote Code Execution (3116162)
- MS15-133 Security Update for Windows PGM to Address Elevation of Privilege (3116130)
- MS15-134 Security Update for Windows Media Center to Address Remote Code Execution (3108669)
- MS15-135 Security Update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers to Address Elevation of Privilege (3119075)
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: