Siemens Security Advisory
Date: 2 December 2015
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to a recently released Siemens Security Advisory, SSA-763427.
Siemens has identified an authentication bypass vulnerability in it’s SIMATIC Communication Processor devices.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow unauthenticated users to perform administrative operations on the SIMATIC Communication Processor under certain conditions.
- SIMATIC CP 343-1 Advanced: All firmware versions prior to V3.0.44,
- SIMATIC CP 343-1 Lean / CP 343-1: All firmware versions,
- SIMATIC TIM 3V-IE / 3V-IE Advanced: All firmware versions,
- SIMATIC TIM 3V-IE DNP3: All firmware versions,
- SIMATIC TIM 4R-IE: All firmware versions,
- SIMATIC TIM 4R-IE DNP3: All firmware versions, and
- SIMATIC CP 443-1 / CP 443-1 Advanced: All firmware versions.
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released update if applicable. In addition, please refer to guidelines and mitigation strategies outlined by Siemens concerning affected applications.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: