Security Updates for Adobe Flash Player
Date: 16 October 2015
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the recently released security updates for Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe has released Security Bulletin APSB15-27 to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Affected software versions:
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release 220.127.116.11 for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and ChromeOS
- Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 versions 22.214.171.124 and earlier for Windows 10
- Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 10 and 11 versions 126.96.36.199 and earlier for Windows 8.0 and 8.1
- Adobe Flash Player for Linux 188.8.131.525 and earlier versions for Linux
CVE References: CVE-2015-7645*, CVE-2015-7647, CVE-2015-7648
* Adobe is aware of a report that an exploit for CVE-2015-7645 is being used in limited, targeted attacks. Please refer to CCIRC's AL15-013 for more details.
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: