Security Updates for Adobe Flash Player
Date: July 8, 2015
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the recently released security updates for Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe has released Security Bulletin APSB15-16 to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. All Platforms are reported as affected.
Affected software versions:
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime 188.8.131.52 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release 184.108.40.2066 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome 220.127.116.11 and earlier for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
- Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11 18.104.22.168 and earlier for Windows 8.0 and 8.1
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1248 and earlier for Linux
- AIR Desktop Runtime 126.96.36.199 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
- AIR SDK 188.8.131.52 and earlier for Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS
- AIR SDK & Compiler 184.108.40.206 and earlier for Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS
CVE References: CVE-2014-0578, CVE-2015-3097, CVE-2015-3114, CVE-2015-3115, CVE-2015-3116, CVE-2015-3117, CVE-2015-3118, CVE-2015-3119, CVE-2015-3120, CVE-2015-3121, CVE-2015-3122, CVE-2015-3123, CVE-2015-3124, CVE-2015-3125, CVE-2015-3126, CVE-2015-3127, CVE-2015-3128, CVE-2015-3129, CVE-2015-3130, CVE-2015-3131, CVE-2015-3132, CVE-2015-3133, CVE-2015-3134, CVE-2015-3135, CVE-2015-3136, CVE-2015-3137, CVE-2015-4428, CVE-2015-4429, CVE-2015-4430, CVE-2015-4431, CVE-2015-4432, CVE-2015-4433, CVE-2015-5116, CVE-2015-5117, CVE-2015-5118, CVE-2015-5119*
*Adobe is aware of reports that an exploit targeting CVE-2015-5119 has been publicly published.
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: