Microsoft Critical Security Bulletins Summary for February 2015
Date: 10 February 2015
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the monthly Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for February 2015.
The summary covers 9 bulletins (3 Critical and 6 Important), which addresses multiple vulnerabilities in Microsoft Server Software, Windows, Internet Explorer, Office and System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012.
*** Critical ***
- Security Update for Internet Explorer (3034682)
- Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Driver Could Allow Remote Code Execution (3036220)
- Vulnerability in Group Policy Could Allow Remote Code Execution (3000483)
*** Important ***
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution (3032328)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Could Allow Security Feature Bypass (3033857)
- Vulnerability in Group Policy Could Allow Security Feature Bypass (3004361)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (3031432)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Graphics Component Could Allow Information Disclosure (3029944)
- Vulnerability in Virtual Machine Manager Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (3035898)
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
CVE References: CVE-2014-6362, CVE-2014-8967, CVE-2015-0003, CVE-2015-0008, CVE-2015-0009, CVE-2015-0010, CVE-2015-0012, CVE-2015-0017, CVE-2015-0018, CVE-2015-0019, CVE-2015-0020, CVE-2015-0021, CVE-2015-0022, CVE-2015-0023, CVE-2015-0025, CVE-2015-0026, CVE-2015-0027, CVE-2015-0028, CVE-2015-0029, CVE-2015-0030, CVE-2015-0031, CVE-2015-0035, CVE-2015-0036, CVE-2015-0037, CVE-2015-0038, CVE-2015-0039, CVE-2015-0040, CVE-2015-0041, CVE-2015-0042, CVE-2015-0043, CVE-2015-0044, CVE-2015-0045, CVE-2015-0046, CVE-2015-0048, CVE-2015-0049, CVE-2015-0050, CVE-2015-0051, CVE-2015-0052, CVE-2015-0053, CVE-2015-0054, CVE-2015-0055, CVE-2015-0057, CVE-2015-0058, CVE-2015-0059, CVE-2015-0061, CVE-2015-0062, CVE-2015-0063, CVE-2015-0064, CVE-2015-0065, CVE-2015-0066, CVE-2015-0067, CVE-2015-0068, CVE-2015-0069, CVE-2015-0070, CVE-2015-0071
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: