Security Updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat
Date: 16 September 2014
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the following critical patch update released for Adobe Reader and Acrobat.
Adobe has released the following security bulletin:
APSB14-20 - Security Updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat
These updates address vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take over the affected system. These updates address critical vulnerabilities in the software.
- Adobe Reader XI (11.0.08) and earlier 11.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Reader XI (11.0.07) and earlier 11.x versions for Macintosh
- Adobe Reader X (10.1.11) and earlier 10.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Reader X (10.1.10) and earlier 10.x versions for Macintosh
- Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.08) and earlier 11.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.07) and earlier 11.x versions for Macintosh
- Adobe Acrobat X (10.1.11) and earlier 10.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Acrobat X (10.1.10) and earlier 10.x versions for Macintosh
CVE Reference: CVE-2014-0560, CVE-2014-0561, CVE-2014-0562, CVE-2014-0563, CVE-2014-0565, CVE-2014-0566, CVE-2014-0567, CVE-2014-0568
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: