Adobe Security Bulletin Summary for August 2014
Date: 12 August 2014
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the Adobe Security Bulletin Summary for August. The summary covers two critical bulletins, which address multiple vulnerabilities in some Adobe products.
Adobe has released the following security bulletins:
APSB14-18 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
Details: These updates address vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.114 and earlier versions for Linux
- Adobe AIR 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe AIR 22.214.171.124 SDK and earlier versions
- Adobe AIR 126.96.36.199 SDK & Compiler and earlier versions
- Adobe AIR 188.8.131.52 and earlier versions for Android
CVE Reference: CVE-2014-0538, CVE-2014-0540, CVE-2014-0541, CVE-2014-0542, CVE-2014-0543, CVE-2014-0544, CVE-2014-0545
APSB14-19 - Security updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat
Details: These updates address a vulnerability that could allow an attacker to circumvent sandbox protection on the Windows platform. Adobe Reader and Acrobat for Apple's OS X are not affected.
- Adobe Reader XI (11.0.07) and earlier 11.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Reader X (10.1.10) and earlier 10.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.07) and earlier 11.x versions for Windows
- Adobe Acrobat X (10.1.10) and earlier 10.x versions for Windows
CVE Reference: CVE-2014-0546
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: