OpenSSL –RedHat Enterprise Security Updates
Date: 6 June 2014
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to recently released security updates for multiple vulnerabilities in RedHat Enterprise products related to OpenSSL.
RedHat has released security updates to address multiple vulnerabilities in OpenSSL. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could lead to execution of arbitrary code, Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks or denial of service attacks.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 6)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux HPC Node (v. 6)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (v. 6)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server AUS (v. 6.5)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server EUS (v. 6.5.z)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation (v. 6)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 server)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 5 client)
CVE Reference: CVE-2014-0221, CVE-2014-0195, CVE-2014-0198, CVE-2010-5298, CVE-2014-3470
CCIRC recommends that owner/operators test and deploy the vendor released updates or workarounds to affected platforms accordingly.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux - https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-0625.html
- OpenSSL - https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt
- CCIRC Advisory AV14-031 OpenSSL - Multiple Vulnerabilities
- US CERT - Vendor Information for VU#978508
- SANS ISC - Critical OpenSSL Patch.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: