Adobe Flash Player Security Updates
Date: 8 February 2013
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the following security updates for Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player addressing two previously identified zero-day vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities are being actively exploited in the wild in targeted attacks either by hosting malicious flash content on websites that target Flash Player in Firefox or Safari, or in a Microsoft Word document delivered as an email attachment. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
CVE Reference: CVE-2013-0633, CVE-2013-0634
- Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.2061 and earlier versions for Linux
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and earlier versions for Android 4.x
- Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x
CCIRC recommends that system administrators identify their affected assets and potential interdependencies with organization's critical services and follow their patch management process accordingly.
Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions:
- Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh should update to Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149.
- Users of Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1241 and earlier versions for Linux should update to Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.1992.
- Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 for Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
- Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 will automatically be updated to the latest version of Internet Explorer 10, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.3.379.14 for Windows.
- Users of Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions on Android 4.x devices should update to Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11.Users of Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and earlier versions should update to Flash Player 22.214.171.124.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: