Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2013
Date: 18 January 2013
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the following critical patch updates for Oracle products.
Oracle has released its quarterly security update, which addresses 86 vulnerabilities affecting many of their products including the Oracle Database, Oracle Database Mobile Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite, Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise, Oracle JDEdwards Enterprise One, Oracle Siebel CRM, Oracle Sun Products Suite, Oracle Virtualization, and Oracle MySQL. Some of these vulnerabilities are remotely exploitable without authentication.
Affected Products Include:
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2, versions 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Oracle Database 11g Release 1, version 184.108.40.206
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2, versions 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4, 10.2.0.5
- Oracle Database Mobile Server, version 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Database Lite Server, version 10.3.0.3
- Oracle Access Manager/Webgate, versions 10.1.4.3.0, 18.104.22.168.0, 22.214.171.124.0
- Oracle GoldenGate Veridata, version 126.96.36.199.0
- Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate, version 188.8.131.52.0
- Oracle Outside In Technology, versions 8.3.7, 8.4
- Oracle WebLogic Server, versions 9.2.4, 10.0.2, 10.3.5, 10.3.6, 12.1.1
- Application Performance Management versions 6.5, 11.1, 184.108.40.206
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g Release 1, version 220.127.116.11
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g Release 1, version 10.2.0.5
- Enterprise Manager Plugin for Database 12c Release 1, versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, versions 12.0.6, 12.1.1, 12.1.2, 12.1.3
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, version 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Agile PLM Framework, version 188.8.131.52
- Oracle PeopleSoft HRMS, versions 9.0, 9.1
- Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools, versions 8.51, 8.52
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools, versions 8.9, 9.1, SP24
- Oracle Siebel CRM, versions 8.1.1, 8.2.2
- Oracle VM VirtualBox, versions 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
- Oracle MySQL Server, versions 5.1.66 and earlier, 5.5.28 and earlier
Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply Critical Patch Update CPU fixes accordingly as soon as possible due to the threat posed by a successful attack.
CCIRC recommends that systems administrators identify affected products and their potential interdependencies with organization's critical services and follow their patch management process accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: