Public Safety Canada's Industrial Control Systems Security Training
This one day training session will focus on the development of basic incident handler skills for the industrial control systems security professional. The objective of this training session is to raise awareness by giving a hands-on experience using real tools and targets.
The training session is lecture style (hands-on), technical in nature and takes place at the basic to intermediate level.
There is no cost for this training day. All other costs (transportation, accommodations, meals, etc.) are the responsibility of the attendee.
Due to the sensitive nature of some of the material presented, entry to the training will be restricted to approved participants. The training is limited to 40 participants.
To register, send the following form to the contacts provided below by November 10, 2016.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a greater awareness of the threats to industrial control systems and how to defend against them
- Learn the challenges of securing control systems and arm yourself with case studies showing what others have done and the lessons they have learned
- Exchange information and ideas in a trusted environment with other control systems owners and operators
Who Should Attend
Attendees will be expected to have a basic to intermediate level of computer security training and proficiency within an incident response and/or network environment.
- 4-8GB RAM
- 30 GB Free disk space
- WinXP (SP3), Windows 7 or 8
- VMWare Player for Windows (or VMWare Workstation – allows you to make snapshots)
Visit the VMWare website at: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation_player/12_0 – (Note: you will require a free account with VMware.)
- One 8GB and one 16GB USB Flash drives
- Administrative rights to the Windows machine is REQUIRED
- Optional: You may require 2 USB ports. If your laptop is only equipped with 2 ports, a USB Hub may be required.
- Frank Turbide, Canadian Cyber Incident Response Centre
- Darren Sabourin, CSI Services Corp
By email: Cyber-Workshop/Atelierfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: