ICS Security Symposium
Registration is now open for the March 2023 ICS Security Symposiums!
Please join us for Public Safety Canada’s first installment of the 2023 Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Symposium. This symposium will be held virtually on March 29, 2023 from 1:00 to 4:15 p.m. EDT.
- Public Safety Canada: Welcoming Remarks
- Zelijko Cakic, Greater Toronto Airports Authority, and Mark Fabro, Lofty Perch Inc.: Developing Operational Technology (OT)/ICS Cybersecurity Governance Programs for Airport Infrastructures
- Daniel dos Santos, Vedere Labs, Forescout: Project Memoria, OT:ICEFALL and Deep Lateral Movement: How to Assess and Mitigate Risk
- Tim Swanson, FortisBC Energy Inc.: Leveraging Risk Management for ICS Security
- Joe Weiss, Applied Control Solutions, LLC: The economic importance of monitoring process sensors
- Panel discussion with all of the day’s presenters to discuss current ICS security issues relevant to the community.
We are still accepting presentation abstracts for the June 2023 ICS Security Symposium! The selection committee is particularly interested in topics that relate to:
- Case studies on cyber incidents targeting OT systems
- Mitigation strategies and/or their success stories
- Increasing visibility and active monitoring of OT environments (consider Security Operations Centre (SOC) opportunities and approach)
- Cyber risk programs
- Trends in cyber security response
- IT/OT convergence: Governance and operations (case studies/ lessons learned)
- New research and development initiatives
- Corporate Culture: Cyber security awareness as ‘basic hygiene’
- Risk modelling
- Other ICS methodologies and topics
We welcome entries from all 10 CI sectors, but in particular from members of under represented sectors at ICS events such as the manufacturing, water, health, and transportation sectors. We also encourage ICS specialists such as machine builders and systems integrators to submit abstracts.
Have an idea? We encourage you to submit!
Presenters will be given a 30-minute time slot for their presentation, followed by a five-minute Q&A session. They will also join their fellow presenters for an engaging panel discussion to close out the afternoon.
Submit an abstract for the June 2023 Virtual Symposium before April 14.
Please contact us for any inquiries about the ICS Security Symposium.
- Date modified: