Buying Cannabis Online – What You Need To Know
If you choose to purchase cannabis online, there are several things to look out for to ensure that you are protecting yourself, including your health, keeping your financial information secure, and that you are buying your product from legal sources.
Why should you purchase legal cannabis?
- You can be assured that the product you consume is safe; products purchased from legal retailers meet strict rules set by federal and provincial/territorial governments.
- You help keep profits out of the hands of criminals and organized crime.
- Organized crime groups use profits from illegal cannabis sales to support other criminal activities that harm our communities including human trafficking, firearms trafficking and expanding the illegal drug trade.
- Your purchase will be delivered safely and securely.
- Your financial information is secure.
What are the consequences of purchasing illicit cannabis online?
- You expose yourself to potential legal, safety, and health consequences that could result in harm to yourself or others around you.
- You risk having your financial information in the hands of criminal entities.
- You risk having the products you purchased interdicted during shipment.
How do you know if an online cannabis retailer is illegal?
- Requests that payments be made by e-transfer or cryptocurrency
- Products are shipped anywhere in Canada
- Retailer uses a generic email address (i.e., gmail, yahoo, Hotmail)
How to determine whether a website is not trustworthy?
- The site looks poorly designed and unprofessional
- The links and the back button are broken or disabled
- The website displays no contact information (e.g. phone number, email, address)
- The return policies or privacy policies are either unclear or not stated
- Your credit card credentials are being requested for reasons other than your purchase
- The item prices are incredibly low (i.e. unbelievable deals)
- The shipping, duties, and extra charges seem abnormal
How to determine a legal from an illegal retailer?
- Cannabis products from legal retailers include an excise stamp on the package.
- The excise stamp is your guarantee that the product is produced according to the highest health and safety standards, reflects accurate THC levels, and is free from other substances that could cause serious harm.
- Age verification is mandatory when purchasing from a legal retailer.
- Illegal retailers accept all formal means of payments with no restrictions.
Video: Buying Cannabis Online
- Date modified: