Request for Funding Questionnaire
The purpose of the grants is to contribute to the development of criminal justice policies and delivery of services. The grants provide funding for National Voluntary Organizations (NVOs) to maintain a national structure and cover core operating expenses, including salaries and benefits, rent, translation, telephone, postage, and equipment/material for staff and board members.
Funding provided to NVOs is made in the form of grants. According to the Treasury Board of Canada Policy on Transfer Payments, a grant is “a transfer payment subject to pre-established eligibility and other entitlement criteria. A grant is not subject to being accounted for by a recipient nor normally subject to audit by the department. The recipient may be required to report on results achieved.”
Describe how your organization meets each of the nine criteria in the spaces provided.
1. The organization is a national voluntary organization
1a Date of incorporation
1b Charitable registration number
2. The organization's objectives and activities are related to those of the Public Safety Canada.
3. The organization has a board of directors. List the names and titles of board members.
4. Describe the organization's internal accountability measures.
5. The organization is well established and has a high level of credibility. Provide history and at least two recent projects/initiatives.
6. The organization is normally able to secure at least five percent (5%) of its core funding from sources other than the federal government. Provide proof of other funding sources.
7. The organization has an active membership and formal structure. Provide information on the current membership and structure.
8. The organization is actively engaged in pursuing its stated objectives through strategies and activities acceptable in a free and democratic society. Provide a summary of current strategies and activities.
9. The organization agrees to provide information requested by the Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Grant Program. Provide information about the following Performance Indicators:
Influence on policy development and legislative initiatives
Examples of engagement initiatives with the Department (e.g. instances in which applicants made their views known on Public Safety policy development and legislative initiatives activities through correspondence, meetings, presentations)
Level of participation in policy development consultation and knowledge-building initiatives (i.e. Corrections Roundtable, and in PS/JUS/National Associations Active in Criminal Justice Workshops)
Examples of requests to develop new or modify existing policies and legislation.
Examples of advice (verbal/written) and information (e.g. reports, publications) provided by applicants on:
- Suggestions how to enhance public safety policies and legislation; and
- Lessons learned and best practices on public safety-related issues from other organizations and jurisdictions.
Shared knowledge and awareness (for decision-making and enhanced delivery of services)
Examples of information that contribute to enhancing the knowledge of (e.g. examples of tools, publications and other dissemination activities developed by applicants):
- The Public Safety personnel involved in policy development/legislative activities; and
- The applicant and other non-governmental organizations.
Delivery of services
If applicable, extent to which the applicants' innovative approaches to the criminal justice systems enhanced the NVOs' capacity to deliver services in addition to indirect enhancement of Public Safety portfolio operations.
Corrections News Releases
Corrections Publications and Reports
- Static-99R Coding Rules Revised – 2016
- 2016 Corrections and Conditional Release Statistical Overview
- Research Summary - What We Know and Don’t Know About Risk Assessment with Offenders of Indigenous Heritage
- What We Know and Don’t Know About Risk Assessment with Offenders of Indigenous Heritage
- 2015-2016 Evaluation of the Grants Program to National Voluntary Organizations
- More Corrections Publications and Reports
- Date modified: