Member of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee: Clive Weighill, C.O.M.
Clive Weighill, C.O.M.
Chief of Police, Saskatoon Police Service
Clive Weighill is a veteran of policing in Saskatchewan, sworn to the office of Chief of Police for the Saskatoon Police Service on September 1, 2006.
During his career with the Regina Police Service, prior to joining the Saskatoon Police Service, he worked in Patrol, Communications, Crime Prevention, Commercial Crime, Property Crime, Drugs, Vice, Planning and Research and Senior Administration.
Chief Weighill has lectured to universities, police colleges, national conferences, federal, provincial and municipal governments and appeared before Parliamentary Committees regarding; crime trends, community policing, organized crime, street gangs, vehicle theft, leadership, and the future of policing.
Chief Weighill’s associations are:
- Past President – Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- Member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the Saskatchewan Association of Chiefs of Police
- Executive Member of the Regional Intersectoral Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Restorative Action Program
- Member of the Saskatoon Aboriginal Employment Strategy Committee
- Chaired - Business Requirements Sub-Committee developing the business requirements for the $134 million modernization of CPIC.
Chief Weighill holds certificates in Administration and in Continuing Education/ Administrative Development from the University of Regina. He has attended Executive courses at the Canadian Police College, the Banff School of Management and has graduated from the Senior Management Institute for Police held in Boston and sponsored by the Police Executive Research Forum in the United States.
Chief Weighill is the recipient of the Police Exemplary Service Medal and Bar, the Saskatchewan Protective Services Medal, the Saskatchewan Centennial Medal, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal, the Lieutenant Governor’s Gold Medal for Excellence in Public Administration in Saskatchewan and is a Commander of the Order of Merit of the Police Forces.
- Date modified: