Best of NIEM 2014 winners are out!
The Best of NIEM awards for 2014 were announced at the NIEM in November event, held in Washington DC and simultaneously webcasted. The announcements were made by Kshemendra Paul, Program Manager, Information Sharing Environment, and Donna Roy, Executive Director, NIEM.
These awards are given in recognition of “projects that demonstrate how intergovernmental collaboration and innovative technology deliver results that improve performance, increase efficiency, and support government transparency” [NIEM.gov].
In addition to the awards, 2014 saw the creation of a NIEM hall of fame that will remember previous years' winners and build a history of honourees for the years to come. This means Citizenship & Immigration Canada, who won the 2013 Best of NIEM award for their Temporary Resident Biometrics Project (TRBP), is the first Canadian organization to have the honour of being recognized in the NIEM hall of fame.
The recipients of the Best of NIEM 2014 awards are:
- Shared Computer Operations for the Protection and Enforcement (SCOPE) II (Nevada Department of Public Safety, Clark County, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, City of Henderson, City of Las Vegas, City of North Las Vegas)
- North Carolina Families Accessing Services Through Technology (NC FAST) (North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services - DHHS)
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections (State of Wisconsin)
- Tactical Infrastructure Enterprise Services Coalition Warfare Program (TIES CWP) (U.S. Army)
- Pima County, AZ Justice–Health Integration Project (Pima County, Arizona)
Congratulations to all the winners.
We invite you to read on the above winners' accomplishments and success stories to gain an appreciation of the benefits in using NIEM. You can find the winner's accomplishment details by clicking here.
Have you been using NIEM in a novel and noteworthy way or are you starting a project that uses NIEM? We continue to encourage Canadian organizations in adopting NIEM and submitting their candidacy for nominations in the next Best of NIEM awards!
If you have any questions with regards to NIEM implementation or usage in Canada, please do not hesitate to contact us at NIEM@ps-sp.gc.ca.
- Date modified: