Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2013
Date: 18 January 2013
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to the following critical patch updates for Oracle products.
Oracle has released its quarterly security update, which addresses 86 vulnerabilities affecting many of their products including the Oracle Database, Oracle Database Mobile Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite, Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise, Oracle JDEdwards Enterprise One, Oracle Siebel CRM, Oracle Sun Products Suite, Oracle Virtualization, and Oracle MySQL. Some of these vulnerabilities are remotely exploitable without authentication.
Affected Products Include:
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2, versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Database 11g Release 1, version 188.8.131.52
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2, versions 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4, 10.2.0.5
- Oracle Database Mobile Server, version 184.108.40.206
- Oracle Database Lite Server, version 10.3.0.3
- Oracle Access Manager/Webgate, versions 10.1.4.3.0, 220.127.116.11.0, 18.104.22.168.0
- Oracle GoldenGate Veridata, version 22.214.171.124.0
- Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate, version 126.96.36.199.0
- Oracle Outside In Technology, versions 8.3.7, 8.4
- Oracle WebLogic Server, versions 9.2.4, 10.0.2, 10.3.5, 10.3.6, 12.1.1
- Application Performance Management versions 6.5, 11.1, 188.8.131.52
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g Release 1, version 184.108.40.206
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g Release 1, version 10.2.0.5
- Enterprise Manager Plugin for Database 12c Release 1, versions 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, versions 12.0.6, 12.1.1, 12.1.2, 12.1.3
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, version 22.214.171.124
- Oracle Agile PLM Framework, version 126.96.36.199
- Oracle PeopleSoft HRMS, versions 9.0, 9.1
- Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools, versions 8.51, 8.52
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools, versions 8.9, 9.1, SP24
- Oracle Siebel CRM, versions 8.1.1, 8.2.2
- Oracle VM VirtualBox, versions 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
- Oracle MySQL Server, versions 5.1.66 and earlier, 5.5.28 and earlier
Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply Critical Patch Update CPU fixes accordingly as soon as possible due to the threat posed by a successful attack.
CCIRC recommends that systems administrators identify affected products and their potential interdependencies with organization's critical services and follow their patch management process accordingly.
Note to Readers
The Canadian Cyber Incident Response Centre (CCIRC) operates within Public Safety Canada, and works with partners inside and outside Canada to mitigate cyber threats to vital networks outside the federal government. These include systems that keep Canada's critical infrastructure functioning properly, such as the electrical grid and financial networks, or contain valuable commercial information that underpins our economic prosperity. CCIRC supports the owners and operators of systems of national importance, including critical infrastructure, and is responsible for coordinating the national response to any serious cyber security incident.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118