Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco WebEx
Date: 9 May 2014
The purpose of this advisory is to bring attention to multiple vulnerabilities in the Cisco WebEx Recording Format and Advanced Recording Format.
Cisco has released a security advisory related to multiple vulnerabilities in the Cisco WebEx Recording Format and Advanced Recording Format. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could cause an affected player to crash or allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- Cisco WebEx Business Suite (WBS29) client builds prior to T29.2 CVSS Score: 7.8
- Cisco WebEx Business Suite (WBS28) client builds prior to T28.12 CVSS Score: 9.3
- Cisco WebEx Business Suite (WBS27) client builds prior to T27LDSP32EP16 (27.32.16) CVSS Score: 9.3
- Cisco WebEx 11 versions prior to 1.2.10 with client builds prior to T28.12 CVSS Score: 9.3
- Cisco WebEx Meetings Server client builds prior to 126.96.36.1997 CVSS Score: 9.3
CVE References: CVE-2014-2132, CVE-2014-2133, CVE-2014-2134, CVE-2014-2135, CVE-2014-2136
CCIRC recommends that system administrators test and deploy the vendor-released updates to affected applications accordingly.
Note to Readers
In support of Public Safety's mission to build a safe and resilient Canada, CCIRC's mandate is to help ensure the security and resilience of the vital non-federal government cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity. As Canada's computer security incident response team, CCIRC is Canada's national coordination centre for the prevention and mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from cyber incidents on non-federal government systems. It does this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response.
Please note, CCIRC PGP key has recently been updated.
For general information, please contact Public Safety Canada's Public Affairs division at:
Telephone: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
- Date modified: